For a celebrity to make a red carpet appearance, it means that they need to have a team of stylists around them in order to get prepared. But no matter how many people tend to your preparation, accidents can happen at any given moment. A zipper might break if a dress is too tight and a slip might happen if you make an abrupt movement. That’s why there are others around to give a helping hand.
1. Margot Robbie’s dress got untied while walking the red carpet in London in 2016. Luckily, her colleague Alexander Skarsgård was there to help her out.
Stephen Lock / i-Images/EAST NEWS, © Mike Marsland/Mike Marsland/WireImage/Getty Images
2. Film director Luca Guadagnino saved actress Dakota Johnson from a major embarrassment because of a little slip with her outfit.
Invision/Invision/East News, FILIPPO MONTEFORTE/AFP/East News
3. Model Elsa Hosk lost her earring while strutting the red carpet at the Venice Film Festival in 2019.
Invision/Invision/East News, Invision/Invision/East News
4. Nicki Minaj encountered a wardrobe fail while performing live onstage.
5. Sarah Jessica Parker experienced an unfortunate moment at the And Just Like That premiere this year when the handle of her purse fell off.
Dylan Travis/ABACA/Abaca/East News, Dylan Travis/ABACA/Abaca/East News
6. Stella McCartney accidentally almost ruined Rihanna’s dress.
7. Natalie Portman and the rest of the crew helped their colleague Raffey Cassidy untangle her dress, making the situation much less stressful for her.
Kazuko Wakayama/KCS/East News, FILIPPO MONTEFORTE/AFP/East News
8. Cameron Diaz’s shoes broke minutes before her movie premiere. Thus, she strutted down the red carpet barefoot, towering over her co-stars.
Mary Evans/Allstar/Graham Whitby Boot./ East News
9. Kristen Stewart decided to go barefoot because of her uncomfortable shoes.
AFP / East News
At the Cannes Film Festival, Kristen Stewart decided to remove her Louboutin heels while walking the red carpet. She decided to walk barefoot due to the discomfort caused by her shoes. Stewart wasn’t shy about the fact that she walked the red carpet barefoot.
10. Elizabeth Banks wore a zipper-breaking tight dress at the Cannes Film Festival in 2009.
11. Jessica Chastain and her gorgeous dress were fighting strong gusts of wind at the Cannes Film Festival back in 2014.
Xinhua/Photoshot/REPORTER/East News, AFP/EAST NEWS
Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction while being out? How did you handle it?